Professor Terapong Tantawichien, Chairman of Tropical Medicine Cluster at Chulalongkorn University and the Executive Committee: Professor Usa Thisyakorn, Associate Professor Pradermchai Kongkam, and Associate Professor Nattachai Srisawat proposed to recruit experts in the field of Tropical Medicine at Chulalongkorn University to work together as a team on Tropical Medicine since 2018. The proposal was approved by the Research Cluster, Chulalongkorn University Committee Meeting, chaired by Professor Kiat Ruxrungtham on the 21st January 2019. The objective of the Tropical Medicine Cluster is to produce advanced research on Tropical Medicine with the outcomes of high impact publications and visibility in the international arena.
- Thisyakorn U, Tantawichien T. Dengue Vaccine: A key for prevention. Expert Review of Vaccines. 2020 May 25, doi: 10.1080/14760584.2020.1775076. Online ahead of print.PMID; 32452272
- Chitkara AJ, Ferrer MP, Forsyth K, Guiso N, Heininger U, Hozbor DF, Muloiwa R, Tan TQ, Thisyakorn U, von Konig W. Pertussis Vaccination in Mixed markets: Recommendations From the Global Pertussis Initiative. IJID. 2020, doi:https://doi.org/
- Terapong Tantawichien, Charles E. Rupprecht (2020). Modern biologics for rabies prophylaxis and the elimination of human cases mediated by dogs. Expert Opinion on Biological Therapy 2020(May 15):1-13, DOI: 10.1080/14712598.2020.1766021
- Thisyakorn U, Tantawichien T, Thisyakorn C, Buchy P. Pertussis in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations: Epidemiology and Challenges. Int J Infect Dis. 2019;87:75-83.
- Sukmark T, Lumlertgul N, Praditpornsilpa K, Tungsanga K, Eiam-ong S, Srisawat N. SEA-MAKE score as a tool for predicting major adverse kidney events in critically ill patients with kidney injury: result from the SEA-AKI study. Ann Intensive Care. 2020;10:42.
- Lumlertgul N, Srisawat N. The haemodynamic effects of oXiris haemofilter in septic shock patients requiring renal support: A single-center experience. Int J Artif Organs. 2020 May 11;391398820917150. Doi: 10.1177/0391398820917150. Online ahead of print.PMID; 32393096
- Gaudry S, Hajage D, Benuchou N, Chaibi K, Barbar S, Zarbock A, Lumlertkul N, Wald R, Bagshaw S, Srisawat N, Combes A, Geri G, Jamale T, Dechartres A, Quenot JP, Dreyfuss D. Delayed versus early renal replacement therapy for severe acute kidney injury: A systematic review and individual patient data meta-analysis of randomised clinical trials. Lancet. 2020;395:1506-15.
- Srisawat N, Kulvichit W, Tungsanga K, Peerapornratana S, Vorasittchai S, Tangkanakul C, Lumlertkul N, Komaenthammasophon C, Praditporsilpa K, Tungsanga K, Eiam-ong S. The role of neutrophil chemotaxis activity as an immunologic biomarker to predict mortality in critically ill patients with severe sepsis. J Crit Care. 2020;56:215-21.
- Temeiam N, Jareinpitak S, Phinyo P, Patumanond J, Srisawat N. Development and validation of a simple score for diagnosis of leptospirosis at outpatient departments. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2020;14:e0007977.
- Srisawat N, Kellum JA. The role of biomarkers in acute kidney injury. Crit Care Clin. 2020;36:125-40.
- Sukmark T, Lumlertgul N, Praditpornsilpa K, Tungsanga K, Eiam-ong S, Srisawat N. Thai ICU score as a simplified severity score for critically ill patients in a resource limited setting: Result from SEA-AKI study group. J Crit Care. 2020;55:56-63.
- Srisawat N, Iamsirithaworn S, Ohata PJ, Tantawichien T, Thisyakorn U. COVID-19: A Global Threat and Lessons Learned from Thailand (submitted)
- Prommalikit O, Thisyakorn U, Thisyakorn C. Dengue in Adolescents. Tropical Medicine and Infectious Disease (under preparation)
- Lolekha R, Thisyakorn U, Sharma M. Thailand: Elimination of mother-to-child HIV transmission. Elimination of infectious diseases from the Southeast Asia region. Keeping the promise. World Health Organization (under preparation)
- Professor Terapong Tantawichien, Chairman of Tropical Medicine Cluster (TMC), Chulalongkorn University was granted FRCP (Edinburgh) in 2020, The façade of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, 9 Queen Street, Edinburgh, Scotland
Professor Terapong Tantawichien
Tropical Medicine Cluster, Chulalongkorn University
Department of Medicine Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University